Saturday, June 17, 2017

Photo Shoot with A Timeless Collection - Pt 1

Wow, have I been slacking on posting here! I can’t believe I went the whole month of May without a single blog post. If you follow me on Instagram you will have seen my posts for the Vintage Fashion Challenge, all but the last week that is. Ah well… Anyway, I hope these next couple of posts will make up for my blog silence. I have SOOOO much to share!! Warning, LOTS OF PHOTOS AHEAD!! :)

Are you ready?? (Please note, all photos in this post are by A Timeless Collection. I have been given permission to share them on my blog and social media pages. Please DO NOT COPY without permission. Thank you!)


Today’s post is mostly photos!! Over the Memorial Day weekend, my husband and I had the opportunity to work with Joani of A TimelessCollection. (Seriously, go check out her work. She is on Instagram too!!) Joani has been looking for reenactors and vintage lovers for a long time now to help out with her photo project. This kind of photo shoot is something we have wanted to do for a while now and everything finally fell into place! 


 Image may contain: 2 people, outdoor, text and closeup

The three of us met up in a little town in Vermont for these photos. The first shots were taken at a historic railroad station. The freight train still uses that route and during the summer and early fall there the Green Mountain Rail Road offers scenic train rides.

Image may contain: 2 people, people sitting and shoes

Cori and I both wore vintage, of course, with a few repro items for good measure! His uniform is an original WWII era uniform with a Sea Bees patch. The Sea Bees are the construction battalion of the U.S. Navy and are still in operation today. These are the guys responsible for building air stripes and bases in the Pacific as well as other structures during WWII. (you can read more about the Fighting Sea Bees here.) Cori’s grandfather served in the Sea Bees during the Korean War, so in a way these photos help honor his service. 


Waiting for the train and read Life Magazine.
I wore a new to me suit, purchased from Lauren of Wearing History fame during one of her closet clean outs. The skirt was much too small at first, and even after alterations is still a bit snug, but I’m in love with this suit!



Image may contain: 1 person


There will be more photos to share from this shoot and we are already brainstorming ideas for future sessions. Check out more of A Timeless Collection's work on Instagram.

3 comments:

  1. You must be so pleased with these wonderful photos!! What a fun way to spend some time x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are amazing! You must be so chuffed to have these in your collection now. What a lovely thing to treasure.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...