Sunday, February 5, 2017

Victory Griddlecakes - From "The American Woman's Cook Book"

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend. Who likes pancakes? Pancakes are one of my favorite breakfast foods. I've tried a couple different recipes over the years and the two I like the best are my mom's and the one I'm going to share with you now.


If you don't own a copy of The American Woman's Cook Book you need to. It's a great addition to any kitchen. Not only is it full of great recipes it's loaded with advice on meal planning, food prep, and more.


Here is the recipe for griddlecakes. And a few extras!



First gather your ingredients and your mixing bowl. I used a Pirex dish that belonged to my grandmother. I like this one because it's a small size and has a little pouring spout.


Your griddlecake batter should be nice and bubbly once it's all mixed.


Heat up your pan with some oil and pour!


Cook until golden brown!


Add a side of bacon and orange juice and you have a breakfast of champions!



If you try this recipe let me know how you like it!

1 comment:

  1. That's a great cookbook! I've got that one in my collection too. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...