Sunday, February 7, 2016

A Simple Vintage Look

Hello All! It's early February but it looks like April outside my kitchen window. Where is all my snow??!?!

Well, today I'd like share with you one of my favorite vintage looks. It's super simple and one that I find myself wearing more and more this winter.


I purchased this WWII era US Navy sweater with a box lot of items from a local junk shop. It was pretty stinky when I got it but after a good soaking it was just fine to wear. It's all wool and sadly was loved by moths. Despite having a few holes scattered through out (which I really need to mend!) I absolutely love this sweater!

The orange cotton turban you have seen before in this post. I used a vintage pattern and fabric from my stash. I promise I'm working on that turban tutorial post!


Just because it's winter doesn't mean you can't have fresh flowers in the house! These tulips are starting to go by but still add a nice splash of color to the kitchen.


Here is the view outside right now. It's been unseasonable warm lately, which in a way is nice. However, I'd like to go snowshoeing at least once this winter!!




I'm slowly building my collection of sweetheart and WWII era jewelry. You can see a few of my pieces in this post. (Also see part 1 for more information on WWII era pins and jewelry.) This is my third sweetheart expansion bracelet and features an Army Air Corps emblem. My other bracelets have USMC and Naval Aviation emblems.


Outfit Details
Sweater - Thrifted
40s Style Turban - Made by Me
Earrings - Gift from Cori
WWII Army Air Corps Sweetheart Bracelet - Fort Anne Antiques
Lip Color - Chocolate Kiss by Besame Cosmetics

Do you have a favorite vintage outfit this winter?

4 comments:

  1. Lovely casual look!
    All the Spring blossom is starting to emerge very early here too, after such a mild winter as well. Mind you, another storm is hitting us today, lots of wind and hailstones. Last night it was lightning and thunder all through the night! Still not that cold really. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a little green beginning to sprout in the gardens here too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't go wrong with a turban. I have a hair cut that is very high maintenance. If it's not been pin-curled, It looks awful and who has time to do that every day. I find myself wearing a turban at least once or twice a week. Your orang one is wonderful. I love sweetheart jewelry, although I've never had the opportunity to own any myself. Your collection is beautiful.

    She Knits in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this look! I have an orange turban, too, and it's surprisingly versatile.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...