Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Big Closet Clean Out!

My new sewing machine has arrived!!! I'm super excited because this means I can sew ALL the things! Over the weekend I figured out how to use the special foot for sewing button holes. My old machine just couldn't do them any more. I have a couple blouses plus my plaid jacket that are so close to being complete. They just need button holes. Now I can do them, hooray!

My new machines was a rather large investment for me but was totally worth it. But paying for that plus the normal expensive of a new home owner I'm feeling the financial pinch. So combine that with my New Year's goals for clearing away the clutter and things I don't use/wear any more. What you get is a massive closet clean out. I still have a few things listed on Etsy if anyone is interested. I have not added any of the items below yet but most likely will in the near future. I have lots more pictures so please feel free to send me a message if you need more information. I'm happy to ship most places worldwide and will consider reasonably offers on all pieces.

Up first is this truly awesome 1950s striped lounging robe/dressing gown. It's so Lucy Ricardo! Who wouldn't want to lounge out home in something as stylish as this? It's made of colorful striped rayon with black lapels and sleeve cuffs. It  has shoulder pads, one side pocket and is unlined. The stripes form a gorgeous chevron pattern in back on skirt. There are thread belt loops, but the belt/sash is missing. A couple of hooks keep it closed without the sash. There are 3 pleats on either side of the skirt at the waist. The label reads "Peer."

Condition - Very nice with only a few flaws to note. There is a small spot and a few pin holes on the bodice, and a 1" stain on the skirt. (see pics) I have not tried to clean this but spot should come out with proper cleaning. Has thread belt loops, but the original belt/sash is missing.

Measurements (measured flat) Ties could be added to the waist to accommodate a larger waist and bust size
Waist - 13" across (Hooks can be moved slightly to adjust fit although I think this is best for a 24" to 27" waist measurement if worn closed. Size somewhat flexible if worn open)
Armpit to Armpit - 19" across
Armpit to Sleeve Cuff - 16"
Waist to Hem - 39"
Collar to Robe Hem - 54" (I'm 5' 2" and it's a little long on me but perfect with a pair of boudior slippers)
$75.00 + shipping


This dress has the most charming novelty print and is made from a medium-weight rayon crepe. The dress has a v-neckline, shirring at sides of bodice and shoulder seams with cap dolman sleeves, fixed waist with original self-fabric covered belt. (Belt in poor condition). Skirt is a full bias-cut. There is a metal zipper at back of neck and at left side. Large shoulder pads which look odd on my dress form. Hem is slightly uneven in front. I believe this was a homemade dress, no label. Sold as is.

Condition - Good vintage condition for it's age. The structure of the dress is sound but there are flaws to note. There are some staining/discolored areas. The worst at the shoulders, sleeves, and hemline.There is a faint blackish line on the back of the bodice. Some of this should come out with a good cleaning. The belt is in poor condition with soiling throughout and the backing is cracking and separating. Belt could be salvaged by adding a new backing by someone who wants to take the time. So many belts become separated from their dresses, and although this one is in poor shape it's nice to still have it with the dress. I have soaked the dress once in cold water (no soap or other cleaning agents) and much of the discoloring and storage soiling has come out but there are still noticeable areas. Could use another good long soak with Woolite or other cleaning agent. Still a great print and design! Hopefully someone will be able to give this gal new life. I have TONS of additional pictures, please ask.

Measurements
Bust - up to 36”
Waist - up to 27”
$82.00 US + shipping


I purchased this mustard yellow 1940s dress last month but sadly it's too snug to fit comfortably on me. So sad because I adore this color! The dress has a great wrap detail on the bodice front, 3/4 length sleeves with nice ruching detail at elbow, and 6 little buttons and button loops up the back of neck. Side zipper in good working condition and two short waist ties. Dress is unlined, no label but is well made. Over all in very good condition but please see notes below. Color was hard to photograph but I think the first picture show it best.

Measurements - Best for a 32-33 inch bust and 25-26 inch waist but no bigger. Dress does have a generous side seam allowance so it could be let out.

Condition - Very good. There is one tiny hole on the front left skirt, hardly noticeable. I noticed one tiny spot where a seam was starting to open but that's a very easy fix. There are two faint lines and a whitish spot on the skirt. There also appears to be some kind of white residue under the buttons, possibly from dry cleaning? I'm not sure. These issues are not very noticeable but worth mentioning as they were not noted before when I purchased the dress. I think a light wash or trip to the cleaners would take care of them. I have TONS more photos so just ask if you need to see more.
$85.00 + shipping


Anyone need vintage shoes? I have several pairs that either don't fit or I just don't wear. I really wish this pair fit because they are pretty amazing. They are listed on Etsy but I'm open to offers.


I need to take measurements of the following items but I'm open to offers. Just let me know. :) The purple and silver dress is a square dance dress from the 1950s/60s and is a larger size. The top is velvet!


These shoes were made in Greece. I think they about a size 7 but need to check.



As is 1940s dress in a larger size. Open to offers.


I have fabric too!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...