Monday, September 23, 2013

Boardwalk Empire - Men's Suits

Ok, so I'm a little behind in watching historical costume flicks. Lately I've been watching Boardwalk Empire. I've seen all of the first season and only have a couple episodes left to watch of season two. This show is awesome! And I can't tell you have nice it is to have a show to watch where the men's clothing is just as good, if not better, then the women's. No lie. The suit in Boardwalk Empire are fantastic. Lots of plaids and stripes in all kinds of colors. The man character, Nucky Thompson played by Steve Buscemi, wears some of the best suits.

'Going Nucky' for 'Boardwalk Empire'
Source
boardwalk-Empire-108
Image Credit: HBO

Source

Boardwalk Empire_Steve Buscemi check suit_Image credit HBO-1

Source - Clothes on Film talks Boardwalk Empire Costumes on HBO

I really like Jimmy Darmody's blue suit seen below. It's too bad more guys don't dress like this today.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh1Ou3Pqi2ujeKi2lpbaKH08XDL5xE-wijf1bpLi1kxfSAXWCcyU1egm81_I5l_KFy7GQxD5T9cylQWiX5L3-OP_s96njsP7kFh5GUKQqoUdBLnqu2gQLNA3ncAdzsSSYgwent6dYlWfA_a/s1600/boardwalk-empire-jimmy-1.jpg
Source
Source

4 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you! I love the men's suits on Boardwalk. The bf asked me to make a suit for him like that, but I'm pretty sure my skill isn't that great yet ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The men's suits are one of the best things about BE!! It's so nice to see male characters get to wear nice standout clothing!!! BE is one of my favorite shows (and I don't watch much TV)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes the men's suit are truly awesome.I wish to give my honey a style similar to it.The fabric are just a little hard to find and I must admit I never done a complete men outfit like this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...