Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Pair of 1940s Shoes

Are you ready for the most fabulous pair of 1940s shoes?!!?

Are you?

Ok. Here they are.

I purchased these shoes on Etsy from GingerRootVintage.
These are in the best condition I've seen for a pair of shoes that are 60+ years old. They are NOS - new old stock - and have never been worn. The only condition issue is a slight fading to the toes, as though the shoes might have been on display in a sunny storefront window. I'm realizing now, looking at these pictures, how noticable the fading is. However I don't think anyone will notice when the shoes are on my feet.

The little bows on the toes are so darn cute.
Absolutely no wear to the bottoms, not a scratch! It doesn't look like any one even tried them on which is rather hard to believe. They are made of red leather with leather soles. One shoe has a label that reads Debonaire Creation. Although the shoes have 3 inches heels they are surprisingly comfortable to wear. Unlike many modern dress heels were your weight is forced onto the balls of your feet.


And do you want to know the best part? This lovely little shoes actually fit my fat feet and now have a home in my closet. :)



I'm working on a post about vintage shoe sizes and how to find a pair to fit your modern feet. Stay tuned!

7 comments:

  1. Those are indeed fabulous! And what a lucky find! Store displays often have no wear on the heels, but can be realllly tiny sizes. I envy you in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the design of the shoe! They do look very comfortable for wider feet. I wish they made shoes like that now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I'm so happy I found this pair! I've been looking for a nice pair of 1940s shoes for the longest time.
    There are many great deals on beautiful shoes on Etsy, but if the shoe doesn't fit.... :( I have many of them saved to my favorites despite their small size.
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shoes :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...